This week I chose to read Campus Loves. I have always been attracted to love stories. In high school I managed to collect over 300 romance Manga books. I guess im just the hopeless romantic type. So naturally when I saw the romance section on the resources page I had to check it out!
Campus Loves is exactly what it sounds like. A series of school related romances. The first story involves an overly dramatic tale of a young girls dream to attend Cargill College, an all male school where her father has a mysterious past.
So first off the character design is what I expected. She looks a little more mature than she should. Her dramatic, slightly immature dialogue doesn't quite match. Though I do understand that people did speak differently back then, she still comes off a bit silly at times. I also thought the interaction between Natalie and her father was a bit strange. It may be because it is a romance and so everything needs to be covered in a 'rose colored hue' but the dialogue and the interactions are a bit intimate and almost romantic between the two. I think if you didn't read the words and just the images you might have thought they were a couple of sorts.
I might also add that I found it funny that she already had her first kiss of the comic by page 6. Over all it was a decent read. I tend to prefer a more realistic approach to my romance. I can't get past the mellow drama to really care deeply for the characters and the story. But for a light read it was fun and amusing.