So, I had seen this book sitting in my room for awhile now, I am pretty sure it was my sisters. Either way it always looked interesting and I was happy to have a reason to read it.
First off, it is so well written and organized. I liked that he started off with the find the real definition of a comic book/graphic novel. With that first exploration he grabbed me and pulled me in.
I found myself frequently reflecting on how difficult it must have been to put this book together. Writing a comic book about comics could have been a disaster but he managed to make in funny, witty, smart, interesting..everything that could hold a reader. I also enjoyed his mesh of cartooning, direct inserts of pre exsiting images, and fully rendered illustrations. It kept my eyes refreshed and it kept me on my toes.
I only found myself losing interest when things became overly wordy with a lack of drawing to accompany them. Otherwise I would tell anyone who is interested in comics to read this. It was very well done.