The Arrival took me by surprise to start. I was not expecting our first assignment to be something that at first glance many would not think was considered a comic book. I was definitely drawn in though. There was a great sense of atmosphere in every illustration and even in the construction of the book. I really enjoyed how detailed and realistic the rendering was and yet how whimsical and fantasy based the story was. That is the way that I prefer to work so I was able to relate to the artists' aesthetics. When I first read this I was unable to get a hard copy of the book but was able to find a digital version. In hindsight it did not do the book justice. Looking at it on a computer screen could not compare to what it was like holding the book in my hands.
The Arrival changed my view of what we call a comic book. I really enjoyed 'reading' through each beautiful image.