Week 11

I read Diary of a Dominatrix this week. Even though the title says it all, you can't help but be a bit surprised about how in depth the author gets with the comic. I like that she payed attention to details. Every page is chock full of funny little things.

That is one key thing about this that I think really makes it work. The humor. Yes the raunch and flat out honesty is appealing but its the humor with which she writes that keeps me reading. Even the way things are said makes it more than just intersting facts. Like when shes listing off the items that useful in the her everyday routine, int he corner of the page are clothes pins and there is a tiny blurb that says..'Closepins. Men have nipples too' Its those little things that really cracked me up. It made it more of a humorous commentary and less of a raunchy romp into the world or a dominatrix.

It is also nice to see a women get out there and make a statement. It is one thing to be a woman and create a successful comic. Its another to do it without pulling punches. I really admire her attitude.